Saturday, September 29, 2012

reason to be here

While the name of this blog is purely sentimental, I have created it really as an exercise to learn to use this tool both for adult learning and to explore how to work with blogs in my profession. While I may muse about what I love in the Northwest, this is an opportunity to explore the most effective way to communicate with this medium. I am not someone who likes to put her thoughts out in the world. I much prefer reading what others have to say.

That said, I will experiment here and post a video of a really cool community farm located in Portland, Oregon. It's called Tryon Life Community Farm. I hope you enjoy the video.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Carol:

    Have you read the book, "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed. She travels up the Pactific Crest Trail by way of California and Oregon. Good book to accompany your blog site.

    Debra
    www.bellsandwhistlestraining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't read it but I have heard about the book. I'm glad that you reminded about. It needs to go on my reading list. Unfortunately, I seem to have little time to read what with work and taking online courses. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol,
    Not only did I love that video, but how wonderful of you to create links to all of our blogs!!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I was having fun with the different gadgets which gave me the idea to put everyone's link here. I must admit it makes it easier for me to get to everyone's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, you have inspired me to explore my blog settings and gadgets to see if I can make my blog a little more interesting. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete